Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sundays with Spud Presents: "NIGHTMARE"

Where am I going now?... only God knows-
when will I get there, how?... only Time so-
questioning who is John Doe?... only John knows-
and inexplicably incomplete shade travels spaces where only shine goes-
I don't design those…-
road maps, with streets of broken glass unless my tires won't pierce I won't pass-
avoid the worlds lanes, until the maps are cleared at-las…-
I do forgive, but my mind ain't cleared that fast-
and in this lane called memory, is a course called crash-
my front end smash, my body dash past dash through glass-
I see in my future the same thing I saw in my past-
I view the scenes of shattered dreams, and a battered “used-to-be”-
flattered easily by futility with too much use of me-
I, circle my circle, interpreters puzzled-
pairs still together, inseparable aces, the cards ain't shuffled-
the banker stealing property-
I'm tryna properly, build my monopoly-
practice monotony, stay away from people-
grow wisdom, edge it up, shave off the top of evil-
if… man is my brother, why titles don’t match properly?-
misleading blocks, I aint seeing the love he got for me-
River turns red from the bloodshed, of longhorns and sooners-
even in fun and sport life ain't roses and petunias-
Is the world’s heart a… house? or is it a hotel?-
does the woman out front love me or is it one of those lies that hoes tell?-
is she, beckoning me because she want me to prevail?-
or should I just stay put here in my shell?...-
I could be invited into that building… right before it blows-
or I could face the world… without my eyes closed…-

You can follow him on twitter at. twitter.com/spud_b2f

No comments:

Post a Comment